Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To create a folder ➤
1. On the Folder tab, in the New group, click the New Folder button; or press Ctrl+E .
2. In the Create New Folder dialog box, enter a name for the folder in the Name box,
and then in the Folder contains list, click Calendar Items , Contact Items , InfoPath
Form Items , Journal Items , Mail and Post Items , Note Items , or Task Items .
3. In the Select where to place the folder list, click the location in which you want to
create the folder.
4. In the Create New Folder dialog box, click OK .
To address an email message, enter the intended recipient’s email address into the To
box. If you want to send a message to more than one person, separate the addresses
with semicolons. If a message recipient’s address is in your address book, you can enter
the person’s name, and Outlook will look for the corresponding email address. (You
can either wait for Outlook to validate the name or press Ctrl+K to immediately
validate the names and addresses you enter.)
As you enter characters in the To, Cc, or Bcc box, Outlook might display matching
addresses in a list below the box. Select a name or email address from the list and then
press Tab or Enter to insert the entire name or address in the box.
If your email account is part of an Exchange Server network, you can send messages to
another person on the same network by entering only his or her email alias (for example,
joan)—the at symbol (@) and domain name aren’t required.
By default, Outlook searches your Global Address List and main address book, but you
can instruct the program to search other address books as well. If no address book
contains an entry for the name you entered, when you send the message, Outlook
prompts you to select an address book entry or create a new contact.
To have Outlook search additional address books ➤
1. On the Home tab, in the Find group, click Address Book .
2. In the Address Book window, on the Tools menu, click Options .
3. In the Addressing dialog box, click Custom , and then click Add .
4. In the Add Address List dialog box, click the address list you want to add, click
Add , and then click Close .
5. In the Addressing dialog box, click OK , and then close the Address Book window.