Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Printing a Worksheet
To Preview and Print a Worksheet
in Landscape Orientation
1 ENTER TEXT | 2 CALCULATE SUMS & USE FORMULAS | 3 SAVE WORKBOOK | 4 FORMAT TEXT
5 INSERT CHART | 6 NAME TAB | 7 PREVIEW & PRINT WORKSHEET
Pages printed in portrait orientation have the short (8") edge at the top of the printout; the printed page
is taller than it is wide. Landscape orientation prints the long (11") edge at the top of the paper; the printed
page is wider than it is tall. With the completed workbook saved, you may want to print it. Why? Because the
worksheet is included in a report, you will print a hard copy on a printer. The following steps print a hard copy of the
contents of the worksheet.
• Tap or click FILE on the ribbon to open the Backstage view.
• Tap or click the Print tab in the Backstage view to display the Print gallery (Figure 1– 66).
How can I print multiple copies of my worksheet?
Increase the number in the Copies box in the Print gallery.
What if I decide not to print the worksheet at this time?
Tap or click the Back button in the upper-left corner of the Backstage view to return to the workbook window.
print options and
shows preview of
options in your Settings area
may differ, depending on type
of printer you are using
Next Page button scrolls
forward through workbooks
with multiple pages
Previous Page button scrolls
backward through workbooks
with multiple pages
Figure 1– 66
• Verify that the printer listed on the Printer Status button will print a hard copy of the workbook. If necessary, tap or
click the Printer Status button to display a list of available printer options and then tap or click the desired printer
to change the currently selected printer.
• Tap or click the Portrait Orientation button in the Settings area and then select Landscape Orientation to change
the orientation of the page to landscape.
• Tap or click the No Scaling button and then select ‘Fit Sheet on One Page’ to print the entire worksheet on one
page (Figure 1– 67).