Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab 1: Fourth Quarter Revenue Analysis Worksheet
In the Labs continued
Instructions: Perform the following tasks.
1. Run Excel and create a new blank workbook. Enter the worksheet title, Caitlyn’s Candles, in
cell A1 and the worksheet subtitle, Fourth Quarter Revenue Analysis, in cell A2. Beginning in
row 4, enter the region data shown in Table 1– 7.
Table 1– 7 Caitlyn’s Candles
2. Create totals for each region, product, and company grand total.
3. Format the worksheet title with the Title cell style. Center the title across columns A through F.
4. Format the worksheet subtitle to 14-point Calibri Light, and change the font color to
BlueGray, Text 2. Center the subtitle across columns A through F.
5. Use Cell Styles to format the range A4:F4 with the Heading 2 cell style, the range B4:F4 with
the 60% - Accent 4 cell style, and the range A10:G10 with the Total cell style. Center the
column titles in row 4. Apply the accounting number format to the ranges B5:F5 and B10:F10.
Apply the comma style format to the range B6:F9. Adjust any column widths to the widest text
entry in each column.
6. Select the ranges B4:E4 and B10:E10 and then insert a 3-D pie chart. Apply the Style 4 chart
style to the chart. Move the chart to a new worksheet named Revenue Analysis. Change the
chart title to Fourth Quarter Revenue Analysis.
7. Rename the Sheet1 tab, Fourth Quarter, and apply the Purple color to the sheet tab. Change
the document properties, as specied by your instructor.
8. Save the workbook using the le name, Lab 1-1 Caitlyn’s Candles.
9. Preview and print the worksheet in landscape orientation.
10. Make the following two corrections to the Tealights: 55899.23 for Region 4 (cell E7) and
55,238.56 for Candle Jars for Region 2 (cell C5). After you enter the corrections, the total in
cell F10 should equal $1,433,348.01.
11. Preview and print the revised worksheet in landscape orientation. Close the workbook without
saving the changes.
12. Change the font color of the text in cells A1 and A2 to the color of the shirt you currently are
13. If you wanted to chart the item totals instead of the regions, which ranges would you use to
create the chart?
14. Submit the assignment as specied by your instructor.