Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab 2: Sales Analysis Worksheet
In the Labs continued
Instructions: Perform the following tasks.
1. Create the worksheet shown in Figure 1– 77a on the previous page using the data in Table 1– 8.
2. Use the SUM function to determine total revenue for the four packages, the totals for each
state, and the company total. Add column and row headings for the totals row and totals
column, as appropriate.
Table 1– 8 CinCar Satellite
3. Format the worksheet title and subtitle with the Title cell style and center them across
columns A through F. Use the Font group on the ribbon to format the worksheet subtitle as
14-point Cambria red. Format the title with Dark Red, bold font color. Center the titles across
columns A through F.
4. Format the range B4:F4 with the Heading 3 cell style and center the text in the cells. Format
the range A5:F11 with the 20% - Accent 1 cell style, and the range A12:F12 with the Total cell
style. Format cells B5:F5 and B12:F12 with the accounting number format and cells B6:F11
with the comma style format.
5. Create a 3-D pie chart that shows the sales contributions of each state. Chart the state names
(A5:A11) and corresponding totals (F5:F11). Insert the 3-D pie chart by using the ‘Insert Pie or
Doughnut Chart’ button (INSERT tab Charts group). Use the sheet tab name, Yearly Sales |
Chart. Apply a chart style of your choosing.
6. Change the Sheet1 tab name to Yearly Sales, and apply the Purple color to the sheet tab.
Change the document properties, as specied by your instructor.
7. Save the workbook using the le name, Lab 1-2 CinCar Satellite. Print the worksheet in
8. Two corrections to the gures were sent in from the accounting department. The correct sales
gure is $151,992.60 for Package A sold in Louisiana (cell B7) and $183,573.67 for Package B
sold in Virginia (cell C11). Print the revised worksheet in landscape orientation.
9. Use the Undo button to change the worksheet back to the original numbers in Table 1–8.
Use the Redo button to change the worksheet back to the revised state.
10. Exit Excel without saving the latest changes to the workbook.
11. Change the state in cell A11 to the state in which you were born. If your state already is listed
in the spreadsheet, choose a different state.
12. If you wanted to make a distinction between the rows in the table, what could you do?
13. Submit the assignment as specied by your instructor.