Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Apply Your Knowledge
Apply Your Knowledge continued
1. Run Excel. Open the workbook Apply 2–1 Briteeny Taxi.
2. Use the following formulas in cells E4, F4, and G4:
Mileage Cost (cell E4) = Cost per Mile * Miles Driven or = B4 * C4
Total Cost (cell F4) = Maintenance Cost + Mileage Cost or = D4 + E4
Total Cost per Mile (cell G4) = Total Cost / Miles Driven or = F4 / C4
Use the fill handle to copy the three formulas in the range E4:G4 to the range E5:G12.
3. Determine totals for the miles driven, maintenance cost, mileage cost, and total cost in row 13.
Copy the formula in cell G12 to G13 to assign the formula in cell G12 to G13 in the total line.
If necessary, reapply the Total cell style to cell G13.
4. In the range D14:D16, determine the average value, highest value, and lowest value,
respectively, for the values in the range D4:D12. Use the fill handle to copy the three
functions to the range E14:G16.
5. Format the worksheet as follows:
a. Change the workbook theme to Organic by using the Themes button (PAGE LAYOUT tab |
b. Cell A1 — change to Title cell style
c. Cell A2 — change to a font size of 16
d. Cells A1:A2 — Teal, Accent 2, Lighter 80% fill color and a thick box border
e. Cells B4, D4:G4, and D13:G13 — accounting number format with two decimal places and
xed dollar signs by using the ‘Accounting Number Format’ button (HOME tab | Number
f. Cells B5:B12, and D5:G12 — comma style format with two decimal places by using the
Comma Style button (HOME tab | Number group)
g. Cells C4:C13 — comma style format with no decimal places
h. Cells G4:G12 — apply conditional formatting so that cells with a value greater than 1
appear with a gold background color
6. Switch to Page Layout view. Enter your name, course, laboratory assignment number, and
any other information, as specied by your instructor, in the Header area. Preview and print
the worksheet in landscape orientation. Change the document properties, as specied by your
instructor. Save the workbook using the le name, Apply 2-1 Briteeny Taxi Complete.
7. Use Range Finder to verify the formula in cell G13.
8. Print the range A3:D16. Press + (`) to change the display from the values
version of the worksheet to the formulas version. Print the formulas version in landscape
orientation on one page by using the Fit to option in the Page sheet in the Page Setup dialog
box. Press + (`) to change the display of the worksheet back to the values
version. Close the workbook without saving it.
9. Besides adding a header to your document, can you think of anything else that could be
added when printing the worksheet?
10. Submit the workbook and results as specied by your instructor.