Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab 1: Loan Balance Worksheet
In the Labs continued
Perform the following tasks:
1. Enter and format the worksheet title HelpToday Personal Loans and worksheet
subtitle Monthly Loan Balance Analysis in cells A1 and A2. Change the theme of the
worksheet to the Metropolitan theme. Apply the Title cell style to cells A1 and A2. Change
the font size in cell A1 to 28 points. Merge and center the worksheet title and subtitle across
columns A through E. Change the background color of cells A1 and A2 to the Orange standard
color. Change the font color of cells A1 and A2 to the White theme color. Draw a thick box
border around the range A1:A2.
2. Change the width of column A to 19.00 points. Change the widths of columns B through E to
15.00 points. Change the heights of row 3 to 36.00 points and row 14 to 25.50 points.
3. Enter the column titles in row 3 and row titles in the range A13:A16, as shown in Figure 2 – 73.
Center the column titles in the range A3:E3. Apply the Heading 3 cell style to the range A3:E3.
Apply the Total cell style to the range A13:E13. Bold the titles in the range A13:A16. Change
the font size in the range A3:E16 to 12 points.
4. Enter the data in Table 2 – 6 in the range A4:C12.
5. Use the following formulas to determine the monthly fee in column D and the current balance
in column E for the rst customer. Copy the two formulas down through the remaining
a. Monthly Fee (cell D4) = 5% * Previous Balance
b. Current Balance (E4) = Previous Balance – Payments + Monthly Fee
6. Determine the totals in row 13.
7. Determine the average, minimum, and maximum values in cells B14:B16 for the range B4:B12,
and then copy the range B14:B16 to C14:E16.
8. Format the numbers as follows: (a) assign the currency style with a oating dollar sign to the
cells containing numeric data in the ranges B4:E4 and B13:E16, and (b) assign a number style
with two decimal places and a thousand’s separator (currency with no dollar sign) to the range
9. Use conditional formatting to change the formatting to white font on a purple background in
any cell in the range D4:D12 that contains a value greater than 50.
10. Change the worksheet name from Sheet1 to Loan Balance and the sheet tab color to the
Orange standard color. Change the document properties, as specied by your instructor.
Change the worksheet header with your name, course number, and other information as
specied by your instructor.
11. Spell check the worksheet. Preview and then print the worksheet in landscape orientation. Save
the workbook using the le name, Lab 2–1 HelpToday Personal Loans Report.
12. Print the range A3:D13. Print the formulas version on another page. Close the workbook
without saving the changes. Submit the assignment as specied by your instructor.
When you created the formula for the monthly fee, you used 5%. What would you have to
do if the rate changed today to, say, 10% to update the formulas?