Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab 2: Sales Summary Worksheet
Lab 2: Sales Summary Worksheet
Problem: You have been asked to build a worksheet for
a start-up company, TravelUS Campers, that analyzes
the nancing needs for the company’s rst year in
business. The company plans to begin operations in January
with an initial investment of $700,000.00. The expected
revenue and costs for the company’s rst year are shown
in Table 2 – 7. The desired worksheet is shown in
Figure 2–74. The initial investment is shown as the starting
balance for January (cell B4). The amount of nancing
required by the company is shown as the lowest ending
balance (cell F18).
Table 2– 7 TravelUS Campers Financing Needs Data
Instructions Part 1: Perform the following tasks to build
the worksheet shown in Figure 2 – 74.
Figure 2 – 74
1. Run Excel. Apply the Wisp theme to a new workbook.
2. Increase the width of column A to 12.00 and the width of columns B through F to 14.50.
3. Enter the worksheet title TravelUS Campers in cell A1 and the worksheet subtitle
Financing Needs in cell A2. Enter the column titles in row 3, as shown in Figure 2 – 74.
In row 3, use + to start a new line in a cell.
4. Enter the nancing needs data described in Table 2 – 7 in columns A, C, and D in rows 4
through 15. Enter the initial starting balance (cell B4) of 700000.00. Enter the row titles in the
range A16:A18, as shown in Figure 2 – 74.
5. For the months of February through December, the starting balance is equal to the previous
month’s ending balance. Obtain the starting balance for February by setting the starting
balance of February to the ending balance of January. Use a cell reference rather than typing in
the data. Copy the formula for February to the remaining months.