Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab 2: Sales Summary Worksheet
In the Labs continued
6. Obtain the net amounts in column E by subtracting the expenses in column D from the
incomes in column C. Enter the formula in cell E4 and copy it to the range E5:E15. Obtain the
ending balance amounts in column F by adding the starting balance in column B to the net in
column E. Enter the formula in cell F4 and copy it to the range F5:F15.
7. In the range B16:B18, use the AVERAGE, MAX, and MIN functions to determine the average
value, highest value, and lowest value in the range B4:B15. Copy the range B16:B18 to the
8. One at a time, merge and center the worksheet title and subtitle across columns A through F.
Select cells A1 and A2 and change the background color to light green from standard colors
(column 5). Apply the Title cell style to cells A1 and A2. Change the worksheet title in cell A1
to 28-point white (column 1, row 1 on the Font Color gallery). Change the worksheet subtitle
to the same color. Bold both the title and subtitle. Assign a thick box border to the range A1:A2.
9. Center the titles in row 3, columns A through F. Apply the Heading 2 cell style to the range
A3:F3. Italicize and bold the row titles in the range A16:A18.
10. Assign a thick box border to the range A16:F18. Change the background and font color for cell
F18 to the same colors applied to the worksheet title in Step 8.
11. Change the row heights of row 3 to 42.00 points and row 16 to 33.00 points.
12. Assign the accounting number format to the range B4:F4. Assign the comma style format to
the range B5:F15. Assign a currency format with a oating dollar sign to the range B16:F18.
13. Rename the sheet tab as Financing Needs. Apply the Green color from the standard colors
(column 6) to the sheet tab. Change the document properties, as specied by your instructor.
Change the worksheet header with your name, course number, and other information as
specied by your instructor. Save the workbook using the le name, Lab 2–2 Part 1 TravelUS
Campers Report. Print the entire worksheet in landscape orientation. Next, print only the
14. Display the formulas version by pressing + (`) . Print the formulas version
using the Fit to option button in the Scaling area in the Page sheet (Page Setup dialog box).
After printing the worksheet, reset the Scaling option by selecting the Adjust to option button
in the Page sheet (Page Setup dialog box) and changing the percent value to 100%. Change the
display from the formulas version to the values version by pressing + (`) .
Do not save the workbook.
15. Submit the revised workbook as requested by your instructor.
In reviewing the worksheet you created, how do you think the company could obtain a
positive result without increasing income or decreasing expenses?
Instructions Part 2: In this part of the exercise, you will change the revenue amounts until the
lowest ending balance is greater than zero, indicating that the company does not require nancing
in its rst year of operation. Open the workbook created in Part 1 and save the workbook as Lab
2–2 Part 2 TravelUS Campers Report. Manually increment each of the 12 values in the Incomes
column by $20,000.00 until the lowest ending balance in cell F18 is greater than zero. The value of
cell F18 should equal $63,361.00. All 12 values in column C must be incremented the same number
of times. Update the worksheet header and save the workbook. Print the worksheet. Submit the
assignment as specied by your instructor.
Instructions Part 3: In this part of the exercise, you will change the monthly costs until the lowest
ending balance is greater than zero, indicating that the company does not require nancing in its
rst year of operation. Open the workbook created in Part 1 and then save the workbook as Lab
2–2 Part 3 TravelUS Campers Report. Manually decrement each of the 12 values in the Expenses