Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Saving and Organizing Files
• If the Documents library is not displayed in the navigation pane, slide to scroll or drag the scroll bar in the navigation
pane until Documents appears.
• If the Documents library is not expanded in the navigation pane, double-tap or double-click Documents to display its
folders in the navigation pane.
• If the My Documents folder is not expanded
in the navigation pane, double-tap or
doubleclick My Documents to display its folders in the
• If your class folder (CIS 101, in this case) is not
expanded, double-tap or double-click the CIS
101 folder to select the folder and display its
contents in the navigation pane (Figure 49).
Excel folder appears
when CIS 101 folder
CIS 101 folder expanded
What if I do not want to save in a folder?
Although storing les in folders is an effective technique for organizing les, some users prefer not to store les
in folders. If you prefer not to save this le in a folder, select the storage device on which you want to save the le
and then proceed to Step 5.
• Tap or click the Excel folder in the
navigation pane to select it as the
new save location and display its
contents in the le list (Figure 50).
Excel folder currently
contains no les
• Tap or click the Save button (Save As dialog box) to save the workbook in the selected folder in the selected
location with the entered le name (Figure 51).
How do I know that the le is saved?
While an office app such as Excel is saving a le, it briey displays a message on the status bar indicating the
amount of the le saved. In addition, the le name appears on the title bar.
le name changed from
Book1 to new le name,
remains in memory and
displayed on screen
1. Tap or click FILE on ribbon, tap or click Save As in Backstage view, tap or click
Computer, tap or click Browse button, type le name (Save As dialog box),
navigate to desired save location, tap or click Save button
2. Press F12 , type le name (Save As dialog box), navigate
to desired save location, tap or click Save button