Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
• Tap or click the Close button to close the workbook and exit Excel.
What if I have more than one workbook open in Excel?
You could click the Close button for each open workbook. When you click the last open workbook’s Close button, you
also exit Excel. As an alternative that is more efcient, you could press and hold or right-click the Excel app button on
the taskbar and then tap or click ‘Close all windows’ on the shortcut menu to close all open workbooks and exit Excel.
• If a Microsoft Excel dialog box appears, tap or click the Save button to save any changes made to the workbook
since the last save.
2. Press ALT + F4
1. Press and hold or right-click the Excel app button on Windows taskbar, click
‘Close all windows’ on shortcut menu
1 SIGN IN | 2 USE WINDOWS | 3 USE APPS | 4 FILE MANAGEMENT | 5 SWITCH APPS | 6 SAVE FILES
7 CHANGE SCREEN RESOLUTION | 8 EXIT APPS | 9 USE ADDITIONAL APP FEATURES | 10 USE HELP
To Copy a Folder to a USB Flash Drive
To store les and folders on a USB ash drive, you must connect the USB ash drive to an available USB
port on a computer. The following steps copy your CIS 101 folder to a USB ash drive. Why? It often is good practice
to have a backup of your les. Besides SkyDrive, you can save les to a portable storage device, such as a USB ash drive. If you
are using Windows 7, skip these steps and instead perform the steps in the yellow box that immediately follows these
Windows 8 steps.
• Insert a USB ash drive in an available USB port on the computer to connect the USB ash drive.
How can I ensure the USB ash drive is connected?
In File Explorer, you can use the navigation bar to nd the USB ash drive. If it is not showing, then it is not
CIS 101 folder
• Tap or click the File Explorer app
button on the taskbar to make the
folder window the active window.
• If necessary, navigate to the CIS 101
folder in the File Explorer window
(see Step 4a on page OFF 31 for
instructions about navigating to a
• Press and hold or right-click the
CIS 101 folder to display a shortcut
menu (Figure 66).
• Tap or point to Send to, which
causes a submenu to appear
Send to command
USB ash drive (your
drive might have a