Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Additional Common Features of Office Apps
• Tap or click Excel 2013 in the search results to run Excel.
• Tap or click the Blank workbook thumbnail to create a blank workbook and display it in the Excel window.
• If the Excel window is not maximized, tap or click the Maximize button on its title bar to maximize the window (Figure 72).
displays Excel app
Excel is running
T O R UN AN A PP U SING THE S EARCH B OX U SING W INDOWS 7
If you are using Windows 7, perform these steps to run an app using the
search box instead of the previous steps that use Windows 8.
1. Click the Start button on the Windows 7 taskbar to display the Start menu.
2. Type Excel 2013 as the search text in the ‘Search programs and les’
text box and watch the search results appear on the Start menu.
3. Click Excel 2013 in the search results on the Start menu to run Excel.
4. Click the Blank workbook thumbnail to create a blank workbook and
display it in the Excel window.
5. If the Excel window is not maximized, click the Maximize button on its
title bar to maximize the window.
1 SIGN IN | 2 USE WINDOWS | 3 USE APPS | 4 FILE MANAGEMENT | 5 SWITCH APPS | 6 SAVE FILES
7 CHANGE SCREEN RESOLUTION | 8 EXIT APPS | 9 USE ADDITIONAL APP FEATURES | 10 USE HELP
To Open an Existing File
As discussed earlier, the Backstage view contains a set of commands that enable you to manage documents
and data about the documents. Why? From the Backstage view in Excel, for example, you can create, open, print, and
save documents. You also can share documents, manage versions, set permissions, and modify document properties. In other
office 2013 apps, the Backstage view may contain features specic to those apps. The following steps open a saved le,
specically the Inverstonit Electronics le, that recently was saved.
• Tap or click FILE on the ribbon to open the Backstage view and then tap or click Open in the Backstage view to
display the Open gallery in the Backstage view.
• Tap or click Computer to display recent folders accessed on your computer.
• Tap or click the Browse button to display the Open dialog box.
• If necessary, navigate to the location of the le to open as described in Steps 4a and 4b on page OFF 31.
• Tap or click the le to open, Inverstonit Electronics in this case, to select the le (Figure 73).