Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Additional Common Features of Office Apps
• Tap or click ‘Microsoft Excel
Worksheet’ on the New submenu
to display an icon and text box for
a new le in the current folder
window with the le name,
New Microsoft Excel Worksheet,
selected (Figure 80).
entry for new
text box shows
default le name
• Type Inverstonit
in the text box and then press the
ENTER key to assign a new name to
the new le in the current folder
new le name
T O C REATE A N EW B LANK W ORKBOOK FROM W INDOWS E XPLORER U SING W INDOWS 7
If you are using Windows 7, perform these steps to create a new blank Excel
workbook from Windows Explorer instead of the previous steps that use Windows 8.
1. If necessary, click the Windows Explorer button on the taskbar to make
the folder window the active window.
2. If necessary, double-click the Documents library in the navigation pane to
expand the Documents library.
3. If necessary, double-click the My Documents folder in the navigation pane
to expand the My Documents folder.
4. If necessary, double-click your class folder (CIS 101, in this case) in
the navigation pane to expand the folder.
5. Click the Excel folder in the navigation pane to display its contents in
the le list.
6. With the Excel folder selected, right-click an open area in the le list to
display a shortcut menu.
7. Point to New on the shortcut menu to display the New submenu.
8. Click ‘Microsoft Excel Worksheet’ on the New submenu to display an icon
and text box for a new le in the current folder window with the name,
New Microsoft Excel Worksheet, selected.
9. Type Inverstonit Electronics Expenditures in the text box
and then press the key to assign a new name to the new le in the
To Run an App from File Explorer
and Open a File
1 SIGN IN | 2 USE WINDOWS | 3 USE APPS | 4 FILE MANAGEMENT | 5 SWITCH APPS | 6 SAVE FILES
7 CHANGE SCREEN RESOLUTION | 8 EXIT APPS | 9 USE ADDITIONAL APP FEATURES | 10 USE HELP
Previously, you learned how to run Excel using the Start screen and the Search charm. The following steps, which
assume Windows is running, use File Explorer to run Excel based on a typical installation. Why? Another way to run an
office app is to open an existing le from File Explorer, which causes the app in which the le was created to run and then open the
selected le. You may need to ask your instructor how to run Excel for your computer. If you are using Windows 7, follow
the steps in the yellow box that immediately follows these Windows 8 steps.