Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Extend Your Knowledge
Extend Your Knowledge
Extend the skills you learned in this chapter and experiment with new skills. You will use
Help to complete the assignment.
Use Excel Help to perform the following tasks.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Run Excel.
2. Tap or click the Microsoft Excel Help button to open the Excel
Help window (Figure 102).
3. Search Excel Help to answer the following questions.
a. What are three features new to Excel 2013?
b. What type of training courses are available through Help?
c. What are the steps to change the default font in Excel?
d. What is Power View?
e. How do you insert clip art?
f. Where can I nd a template?
g. Where is the Name Manager button on the ribbon?
h. What is a SmartArt graphic?
i. What is cropping?
j. What is the purpose of the Watch Window?
4. Type the answers from your searches in a new blank Excel workbook, or use a word processing
program. If requested by your instructor, enter your name in the answer document.
5. Save the workbook or document with a new le name and then submit it in the format
specied by your instructor.
6. Exit Excel.
What search text did you use to perform the searches above? Did it take multiple attempts
to search and locate the exact information for which you were searching?
Analyze, Correct, Improve
Analyze a le structure, correct all errors, and improve the design.
Organizing Vacation Photos
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. Visit
www.cengage.com/ct/studentdownload for detailed instructions or contact your instructor for
information about accessing the required les.
Instructions: Traditionally, you have stored photos from past vacations
together in one folder. The photos are becoming difcult to manage, and you
now want to store them in appropriate folders. You will create the folder
structure shown in Figure 103. You then will move the photos
to the folders so that they will be organized properly.
1. Correct Create the folder structure in Figure 103
so that you are able to store the photos in an organized
manner. If requested by your instructor, add another
folder using your last name as the folder name.
2. Improve View each photo in the Data Files for Students and drag it to the appropriate folder to
improve the organization. Submit the assignment in the format specied by your instructor.
3. In which folder did you place each photo? Think about the les you have stored on your
computer. What folder hierarchy would be best to manage your les?