Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab 3: Expand Your World: Cloud and Web Technologies
4. Tap or click Documents to open the Documents library. Next, create the folder structure
shown in Figure 105 using the New folder button.
5. Navigate to the Chapter 1 folder and then save the le in the Chapter 1 folder using the le
name, Excel Chapter 1 Workbook.
6. Create another Excel workbook containing the text, Second Excel Chapter, and then save it in
the Chapter 2 folder using the le name, Excel Chapter 2 Workbook.
7. Create a third Excel workbook containing the text, Third Excel Chapter, and then save it in the
Chapter 3 folder using the le name, Excel Chapter 3 Workbook.
8. If requested by your instructor, add your name to each of the three Excel les.
9. Submit the assignment in the format specied by your instructor.
10. Based on your current knowledge of Windows and Excel, how will you organize folders for
assignments in this class? Why?
Lab 3: Expand Your World: Cloud and Web Technologies
Creating Folders on SkyDrive and Using the Excel Web App
Problem: You are taking a class that requires you to create folders on SkyDrive, use the
Excel Web App to create a document, and then save the document in a folder on SkyDrive
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. Sign in to SkyDrive in your browser.
2. Use the Create button to create the folder structure shown in Figure 106.
3. In the Notes folder, use the Create button to create an Excel workbook
with the le name, Notes. In cell A1, type Examples of Functions
for Tuesday’s Exam.
4. If requested by your instructor, add your name to the Excel workbook.
5. Save the workbook in the Notes folder and then exit the app.
6. Submit the assignment in the format specied by your instructor.
Based on your current knowledge of SkyDrive, do you think you will use it? What about the
Excel Web App?
Consider This: Your Turn
Apply your creative thinking and problem solving skills to design and implement a
1: Creating Beginning Files for Classes
Part 1: You are taking the following classes: Introduction to Sociology, Chemistry, Calculus, and
Marketing. Create folders for each of the classes. Create a folder structure that will store the
documents for each of these classes. Use Excel to create a separate Excel workbook for each class.
Each workbook should contain the name of each class and the class meeting locations and times:
Introduction to Sociology meets on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.;
Chemistry meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; Calculus meets on
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.; and Marketing meets on Tuesdays
from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. If requested by your instructor, add your name to each of the Excel