Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Checking Your Spelling
Just because Word underlines a word doesn’t necessarily mean that the word
is spelled wrong. It could be a proper name, a foreign word, or just a word that
Word isn’t smart enough to recognize.
To correct any words that Word underlines with a red squiggly line, follow
1. Right-click any word underlined with a red squiggly line.
A pop-up menu appears, as shown in Figure 5-16.
2. Choose one of the following:
• The word you want: Click the correct spelling of the word that
appears in bold in the pop-up menu.
• Ignore: This tells Word to ignore this word but flag this same word
anywhere else in your document.
• Ignore All: This tells Word to ignore this word throughout your
• Add to Dictionary: This tells Word to remember this word and
never flag it again as a misspelled word.
underlined with a