Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To change the starting number of a numbered list, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the item that you want to renumber.
If you want to renumber your entire list, right-click the first item at the
top of the numbered list.
A pop-up menu appears, as shown in Figure 6-9.
list item to
2. Choose one of the following:
• Restart at 1: Changes the numbering of the current list item to 1,
the list item directly below to 2, and so on. (This option does not
appear if you right-click the first item in a number list.)
• Continue Numbering: Changes the number of the current list item to
one greater than the last numbered list item earlier in the
• Set Numbering Value: Displays the Set Numbering Value dialog box,
shown in Figure 6-10, so you can change the current list item to a
specific number such as 34 or 89.