Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
4. Move the mouse pointer over a style.
Word displays what your text will look like if you choose this style.
5. Click the style you want to use, such as Heading 1, Title, or Quote.
Word formats your text.
menu of all
In case you need to format an entire document a certain way, you may want
to use templates instead. Templates act like preformatted documents. Word
comes with several templates, but Microsoft offers several through its Web
site as well.
To create a new document from a template, follow these steps:
1. Click the File tab and then choose New.
An Available Templates window appears, as shown in Figure 6-16.
2. Double-click on a template.
Word creates a blank document with “dummy” text to show you how the
3. Type new text into your newly created document.
You may need to be connected to the Internet to download some of the