Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To sort a table, follow these steps:
1. Select the column that contains the data you want to sort.
2. Click the Layout tab under the Table Tools tab.
3. Click the Sort icon in the Data group.
The Sort dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 7-15.
to sort by
4. Click in the top Type list box and choose the type of data you want to
sort: Text, Number, or Date.
5. Select either the Ascending or Descending radio button.
6. Click OK.
Word sorts your entire table based on the data in the column you
After you create a table, you can delete the entire table, delete one or more
rows or columns, or just delete individual cells along with their data.
Deleting an entire table
Word gives you two choices in deleting a table. First, you can wipe out just
the data inside the table while leaving the table itself intact. Second, you can
wipe out both the data and the table at the same time.