Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Formatting Numbers and Labels
4. Click the font you want to use.
5. Choose one of the following methods to change the font size:
• Click the Font Size list box and then choose a font size, such as 12
• Click the Font Size list box and type a value such as 7 or 15.
• Click the Increase Font Size or Decrease Font Size icon until your
data appears in the size you want.
6. Click one or more text style icons (Bold, Italic, Underline).
Formatting with color
Each cell displays data in a Font color and a Fill color. The Font color defines
the color of the numbers and letters that appear inside a cell. (The default
Font color is black.) The Fill color defines the color that fills the background
of the cell. (The default Fill color is white.)
To change the Font and Fill colors of cells, follow these steps:
1. Select the cell or cells that you want to color.
2. Click the Home tab.
3. Click the downward-pointing arrow that appears to the right of the
Font Color icon.
A color palette appears, as shown in Figure 8-9.
4. Click the color you want to use for your text.
The color you select appears directly on the Font Color icon. The next
time you want to apply this same color to a cell, you can click the Font
Color icon directly instead of the downward-pointing arrow to the right
of the Font Color icon.
Fill Color icon
Font Color icon
of each cell
in a different