Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
• Click the Home tab, click the downward-pointing arrow that appears
to the right of the Delete icon in the Cells group, and choose Delete
If your sheet is empty, Excel deletes the sheet right away. If your sheet
contains data, a dialog box appears to warn you that you’ll lose any data
stored on that sheet.
3. Click Delete.
Excel deletes your sheet along with any data on it.
After you create a spreadsheet, you may need to delete data, formulas, or
just the formatting that defines the appearance of your data. To clear out one
or more cells of data, formatting, or both data and formatting, follow these
1. Click the Home tab.
2. Select the cell or cells that contain the data you want to clear.
3. Click the downward-pointing arrow to the right of the Clear icon in
the Editing group.
A pull-down menu appears, as shown in Figure 8-19.
4. Choose one of the following:
• Clear All: Deletes the data and any formatting applied to that cell
• Clear Formats: Leaves the data in the cell but strips away any