Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
3. Type your header text in the header text box.
4. Click the Go To Footer icon in the Navigation group.
Excel displays your footer text box.
5. Type your footer text in the footer text box.
If you switch to Page Layout view, you can click directly in the header or
footer box at the top or bottom of the page.
Gridlines appear on the screen to help you align data in rows and columns.
However, when you print your worksheet, you can choose to omit gridlines
or print them to make your data easier to understand.
To print gridlines and/or row and column headings, follow these steps:
1. Click the Page Layout tab.
2. (Optional) Select the Print check box under the Gridlines category.
3. (Optional) Select the Print check box under the Heading category.
Defining a print area
Sometimes you may not want to print your entire spreadsheet but just a
certain part of it, called the print area. To define the print area, follow these
1. Select the cells that you want to print.
2. Click the Page Layout tab.
3. Click the Print Area icon in the Page Setup group.
A pull-down menu appears, as shown in Figure 8-22.