Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
you insert a
4. Choose Insert Page Break.
Excel inserts a horizontal page directly above the cell you selected in
Step 1 and a vertical page break to the left of that cell, too.
To remove a page break, follow these steps:
1. Choose one of the following:
• To remove a horizontal page break: Click in any cell that appears
directly below that horizontal page break.
• To remove a vertical page break: Click in any cell that appears
directly to the right of that horizontal page break.
• To remove both a vertical and horizontal page break: Click in the
cell that appears to the right of the vertical page break and directly
underneath the horizontal page break.
2. Click the Page Layout tab.
3. Click the Breaks icon in the Page Setup group.
A pull-down menu appears (refer to Figure 8-23).
4. Choose Remove Page Break.
Excel removes your chosen page break.
Printing row and column headings
If you have a large spreadsheet that fills two or more pages, Excel may print
your spreadsheet data on separate pages. Although the first page may print
your labels to identify what each row and column may represent, any
additional pages that Excel prints won’t bear those same identifying labels. As a
result, you may wind up printing rows and columns of numbers without any
labels that identify what those numbers mean.