Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To use a function, follow these steps:
1. Click in the cell where you want to create a formula using a function.
2. Click the Formulas tab.
3. Click one of the following function icons in the Function Library
• Financial: Calculates business-related equations, such as the
amount of interest earned over a specified time period
• Logical: Provides logical operators to manipulate True and False
(also known as Boolean ) values
• Text: Searches and manipulates text
• Date & Time: Provides date and time information
• Lookup & Reference: Provides information about cells, such as
their row headings
• Math & Trig: Offers mathematical equations
• More Functions: Provides access to statistical and engineering
4. Click a function category, such as Financial or Math & Trig.
A pull-down menu appears, as shown in Figure 9-2.
a menu of
you can use.