Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Checking for Errors
Excel displays a dialog box and highlights any errors, as shown in
3. Click any of the options such as Previous or Next to see any additional
4. Click the close box in the dialog box to make it go away when you’re
done using it.
5. Click in a cell that contains an error.
6. Click the downward-pointing arrow that appears to the right of the
Error Checking icon.
A menu appears.
7. Click Trace Error.
Excel displays arrows to show you the cells that are causing the
problem for the error you chose in Step 5, as shown in Figure 9-25.
8. Click the Remove Arrows icon in the Formula Auditing group to make
the arrows go away.