Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Using the Chart Tools
If you don’t like how your chart looks, just press Ctrl+Z to return your chart
to its original design.
lets you pick
Changing the data source
Another way to change the appearance of a chart is to change its data source
(the cells that contain the actual data that the chart uses). To change a
chart’s data source, follow these steps:
1. Click the chart you want to change.
The Chart Tools category appears.
2. Click the Design tab under the Chart Tools category.
3. Click the Select Data icon in the Data group.
The Select Data Source dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 10-7.
4. (Optional) Click the Shrink Dialog Box icon to shrink the Change Data
Source dialog box so you can see more of your spreadsheet.
5. Select all the cells that contain data to create a chart, including any
cells that contain labels, numbers, and formulas.
6. Click OK.
Excel displays your chart, using the data you specify in Step 5.