Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Creating a PowerPoint Presentation
You can rearrange the order of your slides by following these steps:
1. In the thumbnail pane, click the slide that you want to move to a new
position in your presentation.
2. Hold down the left mouse button and drag (move) the mouse up or
down within the thumbnail pane.
PowerPoint displays a horizontal line between slides to show you where
your slide will appear. If you drag the mouse to the top or bottom of the
thumbnail pane, PowerPoint automatically scrolls up or down the list.
3. Release the left mouse button when you’re happy with the slide’s new
Hiding or deleting a slide
If you have a slide that you no longer want in your presentation, you can
either hide or delete it. Hiding a slide keeps the slide but doesn’t display that
slide when you give your presentation. You may want to hide a slide in case
you need it later or so you can reference the information on this slide with
the rest of your presentation.
To hide a slide, follow these steps:
1. In the thumbnail pane, click the slide that you want to hide.
2. Click the Slide Show tab.
3. Click Hide Slide in the Set Up group.
PowerPoint dims your chosen slide and highlights the Hide Slide icon.
To unhide a slide, repeat the preceding steps.
If you’re sure that you want to get rid of a slide, you can just delete it. To
delete a slide, follow these steps:
1. In the thumbnail pane, click the slide that you want to delete.
2. Click the Home tab.
3. Press the Delete key.
PowerPoint deletes your chosen slide.
If you press Ctrl+Z or click the Undo icon right away, you can recover a