Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Creating a PowerPoint Presentation
Creating a new slide
In Outline view, each outline heading represents a slide. To create a new slide
in Outline view, follow these steps:
1. Click the Outline tab to switch to Outline view.
2. Click a slide title in the Outline pane.
3. Choose one of the following:
• Press Home to move the cursor to the front of the outline heading.
This creates a new slide before the currently displayed slide.
• Press End to move the cursor to the end of the outline heading. This
creates a new slide after the currently displayed slide.
4. Press Enter.
PowerPoint adds a new, blank slide to your presentation.
Creating subtitles on a slide
Outline view lets you create slides and add subtitles to each slide as well. To
add a subtitle to a slide, follow these steps:
1. Click the Outline view tab to display the Outline pane.
2. Click a slide title and then press End to move the cursor to the end of
the slide title.
3. Press Enter.
PowerPoint creates a blank slide title underneath.
4. Press Tab.
PowerPoint indents your slide title and turns it into subtitle text under
the preceding outline heading.
Collapsing and expanding subtitles
A large presentation consisting of multiple slides with subtitles can be hard
to read. To simplify the appearance of your outline, PowerPoint lets you
collapse or expand outline headings. To collapse or expand an outline heading,
follow these steps:
1. Click the Outline tab to display the Outline pane.
2. Double-click the slide icon of a slide title in the Outline pane.
PowerPoint collapses any subtitles that appear under your chosen outline
heading and displays a gray line under your outline heading to let you
know that its subtitle text is collapsed (hidden), as shown in Figure 11-4.