Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Viewing a Presentation
To present a custom slide show, follow these steps:
1. Click the Slide Show tab.
2. Click the Custom Slide Show icon in the Start Slide Show group.
A pull-down menu appears that lists the names of all the custom slide
shows you’ve created.
3. Click the name of the custom slide show you want to view.
4. Choose one of the following:
• Click the mouse or press the spacebar to view the next slide.
• Press Esc to exit your presentation.
Hiding a slide
PowerPoint can hide a slide, which lets you keep your slide but not display it
during a presentation. Hiding a slide can be especially handy when you need
to create a custom slide show and need a slide to appear only in the custom
slide show but not the original presentation (or vice versa).
To hide a slide, follow these steps:
1. Click the slide that you want to hide (in Slide or Outline view).
2. Click the Slide Show tab.
3. Click the Hide Slide icon in the Set Up group.
PowerPoint dims your selected slide.
To unhide a slide, just repeat the preceding three steps.
Organizing with Slide Sorter view
After you view your presentation, you may want to rearrange slides. To help
you organize your presentation, switch to Slide Sorter view, which numbers
each slide to show you the order that they appear, as shown in Figure 13-14.
To use Slide Sorter view, follow these steps:
1. Click the View tab.
2. Click the Slide Sorter view icon in the Presentation Views group.
You can also click the Slide Sorter icon in the bottom-right corner of the