Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Searching a Database
2. Click the Home tab.
3. Click in the field (column) that you want to use as a filter.
4. Click the Filter icon in the Sort & Filter group.
A pop-up menu appears (refer to Figure 17-2).
5. Select the Filters option, such as Text Filters or Number Filters.
A submenu of filter options appears, as shown in Figure 17-5.
6. Click a filter option, such as Between or Less Than.
The Custom Filter dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 17-6. The
Custom Filter dialog box contains the name of your filter option, such as
Between Numbers or Less Than.
Type in a
7. Type in one or more values in each text box displayed in the Custom
Filter dialog box and then click OK.