Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Dragging with the Mouse to Cut, Copy, and Paste
Dragging with the Mouse to
Cut, Copy, and Paste
The mouse can also cut/copy and paste data. To move data with the mouse,
follow these steps:
1. Select the data you want to move by using the methods described in
the earlier section, “Selecting Data.”
2. Move the mouse pointer over the highlighted data.
3. Hold down the left mouse button and drag (move) the mouse.
The mouse pointer displays an arrow and a box while the cursor turns
into a dotted vertical line.
Alternatively, to copy data, hold down the Ctrl key while holding down
the left mouse button and dragging (moving) the mouse. The mouse
pointer displays an arrow and a box with a plus sign while the cursor
turns into a dotted vertical line.
4. Move the dotted vertical line cursor where you want to place the data
you selected in Step 1.
5. Release the left mouse button.
Your data appears in its new location.
Undo and Redo
To protect you from mistakes, Office 2010 offers a special Undo command,
which essentially tells the computer, “Remember that last command I just
gave? Pretend I never chose it.”