Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
3. Select the picture file you want to insert.
You may need to select a different folder or drive that contains the
picture you want to insert.
4. Click the Insert button.
• In Word, your picture appears wherever the cursor appears.
• In Excel, the upper-left corner of your picture appears in the cell
where the cursor appears.
• In PowerPoint, your picture appears in the center of the currently
To delete a picture in a file, follow these steps:
1. Select the picture that you want to delete.
Handles appear around your selected picture.
2. Press the Delete or Backspace key.
After you add a picture to a file, it may not be in the correct position or be
the right size. As a result, you may want to move, resize, or rotate it .
Moving a picture
To move a picture, follow these steps:
1. Select the picture that you want to move.
Handles appear around your selected picture, as shown in Figure 3-1.
2. Move the picture, using one of the following methods:
• Move the mouse pointer over the picture and drag the mouse.
• Press the up/down or left/right arrow keys.