Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Making the Help Window Easier to Read
a table of
To view the Table of Contents, follow these steps:
1. Click the Help icon or press F1 to open the Help window.
2. Click the Show Table of Contents icon.
The Help window expands into two panes.
3. Click a Help topic (which appears with a closed book icon in the left
A list of subcategories (closed book icon) or Help topics (question mark
icon) appears. You may need to click one or more additional
subcategory icons until you see a list of Help topics.
4. Click a Help topic.
The right pane of the Help window displays step-by-step instructions.
5. (Optional) Click the Hide Table of Contents icon.
If you leave the Table of Contents pane visible, the next time you open
the Help window, you’ll see the table of contents in the left pane.
6. Click the Close box to make the Help window go away.