Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Worksheet Data for Chap. 7: Practice Problem #1
(a) Create an Excel spreadsheet using FIRST-YEAR GPA as the criterion
(X 1 ),
(X 2 ),
WRITING (X 3 ), and GRE BIOLOGY (X 4 ) as the predictors.
(b) Use Excel’s multiple regression function to ﬁnd the relationship between
these ﬁve variables and place it below the table.
(c) Use number format (2 decimal places for the multiple correlation on the
SUMMARY OUTPUT, and use four decimal places for the coefﬁcients
in the SUMMARY OUTPUT).
(d) Print the table and regression results below the table so that they ﬁt onto
(e) Save this ﬁle as: GRE12
Answer the following questions using your Excel printout:
1. What is the multiple correlation R xy ?
2. What is the y-intercept a?
3. What is the coefﬁcient for GRE VERBAL b 1 ?
4. What is the coefﬁcient for GRE QUANTITATIVE b 2 ?
5. What is the coefﬁcient for GRE WRITING b 3 ?
6. What is the coefﬁcient for GRE BIOLOGY b 4 ?
7. What is the multiple regression equation?
8. Predict the FIRST-YEAR GPA you would expect for a GRE VERBAL score
of 610, a GRE QUANTITATIVE score of 550, a GRE WRITING score of 3,
and a GRE BIOLOGY score of 610.
(f) Now, go back to your Excel ﬁle and create a correlation matrix for these
ﬁve variables, and place it underneath the SUMMARY OUTPUT.
(g) Save this ﬁle as: GRE13
(h) Now, print out just this correlation matrix on a separate sheet of paper.
Search JabSto ::