Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
1. What is multiple correlation R xy ?
2. What is the y-intercept a?
3. What is the coefﬁcient for SAT-V b 1 ?
4. What is the coefﬁcient for SAT-M b 2 ?
5. What is the coefﬁcient for HS GPA b 3 ?
6. What is the coefﬁcient for the AP BIOLOGY b 4 ?
7. What is the multiple regression equation?
8. Predict the FROSH GPA you would expect for an SAT-V score of 650, an
SAT-M score of 630, a HS GPA of 3.47, and an AP Biology Test score of 4.
(f) Now, go back to your Excel ﬁle and create a correlation matrix for these
ﬁve variables, and place it underneath the SUMMARY OUTPUT on your
(g) Save this ﬁle as: APbiology3
(h) Now, print out just this correlation matrix on a separate sheet of paper.
Answer the following questions using your Excel printout. Be sure to include
the plus or minus sign for each correlation:
9. What is the correlation between SAT-V and FROSH GPA?
10. What is the correlation between SAT-M and FROSH GPA?
11. What is the correlation between HS GPA and FROSH GPA?
12. What is the correlation between AP BIOLOGY and FROSH GPA?
13. What is the correlation between SAT-V and SAT-M?
14. What is the correlation between HS GPA and AP-BIOLOGY?
15. What is the correlation between SAT-M and AP BIOLOGY?
16. What is the correlation between SAT-V and AP BIOLOGY?
17. Discuss which of the four predictors is the best predictor of FROSH GPA.
18. Explain in words how much better the four predictor variables combined
predict FROSH GPA than the best single predictor by itself.
Gould JL, Gould GF. Biostats basics: a student handbook. New York: W.H. Freeman and
Keller G. Statistics for management and economics. 8th ed. Mason: South-Western Cengage
Levine DM, Stephan DF, Krehbiel TC, Berenson ML. Statistics for managers using Microsoft
excel. 6th ed. Boston: Prentice Hall/Pearson; 2011.
Search JabSto ::