Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Worksheet Data for Chap. 8: Practice Problem #1
(c) If the F-value in the ANOVA table is signiﬁcant, create an Excel formula to
compute the ANOVA t-test comparing the average for Low Nitrogen
against High Nitrogen and show the results below the ANOVA table on the
spreadsheet (put the standard error and the ANOVA t-test value on separate
lines of your spreadsheet, and use two decimal places for each value)
(d) Print out the resulting spreadsheet so that all of the information ﬁts onto
(e) Save the spreadsheet as: Weed5
Now, write the answers to the following questions using your Excel printout:
1. What are the null hypothesis and the research hypothesis for the ANOVA F-test?
2. What is MS b on your Excel printout?
3. What is MS w on your Excel printout?
4. Compute F = MS b /MS w using your calculator.
5. What is the critical value of F on your Excel printout?
6. What is the result of the ANOVA F-test?
7. What is the conclusion of the ANOVA F-test in plain English?
8. If the ANOVA F-test produced a signiﬁcant difference between the three
amounts of Nitrogen in the weight of the ﬂowers grown in the greenhouse
during a growing season, what is the null hypothesis and the research hypothesis
for the ANOVA t-test comparing Low Nitrogen versus High Nitrogen?
9. What is the mean (average) for Low Nitrogen on your Excel printout?
10. What is the mean (average) for High Nitrogen on your Excel printout?
11. What are the degrees of freedom (df) for the ANOVA t-test comparing Low
Nitrogen versus High Nitrogen?
12. What is the critical t value for this ANOVA t-test in Appendix E for these
degrees of freedom?
Search JabSto ::