Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
(b) Perform a one-way ANOVA test on these data, and show the resulting
ANOVA table underneath the input data for the four types of students.
Round off all decimal ﬁgures to two decimal places, and center all numbers
in the ANOVA table.
(c) If the F-value in the ANOVA table is signiﬁcant, create an Excel formula to
compute the ANOVA t-test comparing the GPA for Premed students
against the GPA for Other Science majors, and show the results below the
ANOVA table on the spreadsheet (put the standard error and the ANOVA
t-test value on separate lines of your spreadsheet, and use two decimal
places for each value)
(d) Print out the resulting spreadsheet so that all of the information ﬁts onto
(e) Save the spreadsheet as: BIO3
Let’s call the Premed students Group A, the Biology majors Group B, the Other
Science majors Group C, and the General Ed requirement students Group D.
Now, write the answers to the following questions using your Excel printout:
1. What are the null hypothesis and the research hypothesis for the ANOVA
2. What is MS b on your Excel printout?
3. What is MS w on your Excel printout?
4. Compute F = MS b /MS w using your calculator.
5. What is the critical value of F on your Excel printout?
6. What is the result of the ANOVA F-test?
7. What is the conclusion of the ANOVA F-test in plain English?
8. If the ANOVA F-test produced a signiﬁcant difference between the four types
of students in their cumulative GPAs when entering the Introductory Biology
course, what is the null hypothesis and the research hypothesis for the
ANOVA t-test comparing Premed students (Group A) versus Other Science
majors (Group C)?
9. What is the mean (average) GPA for Premed students on your Excel printout?
10. What is the mean (average) GPA for Other Science majors on your Excel
11. What are the degrees of freedom (df) for the ANOVA t-test comparing Premed
students versus Other Science majors?
12. What is the critical t value for this ANOVA t-test in Appendix E for these
degrees of freedom?
13. Compute the s.e. ANOVA using Excel for Premed students versus Other Science
14. Compute the ANOVA t-test value comparing Premed students versus Other
Science majors using Excel.
15. What is the result of the ANOVA t-test comparing Premed students versus
Other Science majors?
Search JabSto ::