Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
• Graphic elements such as lines or background images
• Extras such as quotes or a board of directors listing
The main idea for the design of your letterhead, of course, is to provide a sense of company
identity while allowing the maximum amount of space on the page for the body of the
You can find letterhead templates in Word 2010 by following these steps:
1. Click the File tab to display Backstage view.
In the Office.com area on the New tab, scroll down to the Stationery icon and click it.
3. Click the Letterhead folder.
4. Click the letterhead template you want to open and then click Download.
Figure 3-18 shows the Oriel letterhead style that corresponds to the annual report style
shown in Figure 3-16. As you can see, this letterhead offers a distinctive approach with
the company name stretching down the right side of the page. The letter area is open and
uncluttered, and the font is a traditional and professional style.
Figure 3-18 The Oriel letterhead offers an open page with a distinctive banner.