Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Adding and Customizing a Page Background
To create a gradient for the colors on your page background, follow these steps:
1. On the Page Layout tab, choose Page Color in the Page Background group.
2. Click Fill Effects to display the Fill Effects dialog box.
In the Fill Effects dialog box, the Gradient tab is selected (see Figure 6-3). Select the
• In the Colors area, choose whether you want to use one color, two colors, or
one of Word 2010’s preset color combinations for the gradient background.
If you choose One Color or Two Colors, click the Color arrow and choose the
color you want to apply. If you choose Preset, you can choose the preset you
want to use.
• In the Transparency area, use the sliders to set the density range of the color
effect. The From value sets the beginning density level (percent); the To value
sets the darkest level for the gradient.
• In the Shading Styles area, choose the direction in which you want the gradient
to low on the page. The Sample display shows you the effect of your choice.
4. Click OK to apply the gradient effect to the current section in your document.
Figure 6-3 The Fill Effects dialog box gives you a number of ways to change the look of
the page background.
For special pages, such as a cover page or a section divider, you might want to do
something special like apply a texture effect to a background page. The Texture tab in Word
2010 presents you with a variety of interesting textures that you can apply to the page (see
Figure 6-4). Click the texture you want to use and the image appears in the Sample display.
Click the OK button to add the texture.