Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Creating Catalogs of Content
• Description of upcoming special event
• Headers and footers
• “How to Get Involved” information
Reports and Long Documents
• A cover page used throughout your department
• A listing of managers who need to review the document
• Pull quote or sidebar styles that it the design
• Headers, footers, and page numbers in the style you want
• Your mission or objective for the document
• Contact information for the co-authors
• Copyright and Library of Congress information
• Table styles
For best results, create the building blocks and save them to a custom gallery (for example,
choose Custom 1 in the Gallery field in the Create Building Block dialog box). You can make
the custom gallery easy to find by creating a new group in the Ribbon. That way you can
easily find the building blocks you want to use in the documents you create. Here are the
steps for adding your new gallery to the Ribbon:
1. On the File tab, choose Options.
2. Click Customize Ribbon.
In the Customize The Ribbon list on the right, select the tab for which you want to
add a new group then click the New Group button.
4. Click the Rename button and enter a name for the group.
5. Click the Choose Commands From arrow and select Commands Not In The Ribbon.
6. Scroll down to the Custom galleryname item, click it, and click Add (see Figure 7-21).
7. Click OK to save your changes and view the new entry on the Ribbon.