Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Inserting Text into Text Boxes
desired results, you can use the new Tight Wrap options for text box, found in the
Paragraph dialog box on the Line And Page Breaks tab, shown in the following image:
The Tight Wrap options apply to paragraphs that wrap around a text box, rather than
the text inside of the text box.
To effectively use the Tight Wrap options, follow these steps:
1. Click a text box to active it.
2. On the Format tab, in the Shape Styles group, click the dialog launcher. In
the Format Shape dialog box, set the following options:
• On the Fill and Line Color tabs, set Fill Color to No Fill and Line Color to
• On the Text Box tab, set the Vertical Alignment to Middle
3. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the dialog launcher. In the
Paragraph dialog box, set the following options:
• On the Indents and Spacing tab, set the Alignment to Center
• On the Line And Page Breaks tab, set Tight Wrap to All
Depending on the text box placement and the amount of text in the text box, you
might need to modify the Internal Margins for the text box (found on the Text Box tab
in the Format Text Box dialog box) and experiment with the other Tight Wrap options,
such as First And Last Lines, First Line Only, or Last Line Only in order to obtain the best
text wrapping results for your specific text box.