Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Applying Editing Restrictions
Figure 20-8 You can enable editing restrictions to stop users from making formatting and
editing changes in your document.
To set up editing restrictions in the Restrict Formatting And Editing pane, follow these steps:
1. Select the Limit Formatting To A Selection Of Styles check box and then click Settings.
The Formatting Restrictions dialog box appears.
2. The Limit Formatting To A Selection Of Styles check box is already selected. Click
Settings to go through the list; clear any of the items you want to restrict users from
changing in the document.
3. You can take the following actions.
• Manually select and clear style check boxes to specify a group of styles that you
want to allow users to access.
• Select All if you want all styles to be allowed.
• Select Recommended Minimum to limit styles to a recommended group of
• Select None if you don’t want users to have access to any styles.