Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Figure 20-16 You use the Permission dialog box to grant Read or Change access to users by
entering their e-mail addresses in the Read or Change boxes.
Along with access levels, you can set additional permissions and settings using the
Permission dialog box. To access the additional permissions and settings options, click the More
Options button in the lower-left corner of the Permission dialog box. You can also change a
user’s access level in the More Options dialog box by clicking the Access Level setting next
to the user’s e-mail address and selecting a new access level. Additional permissions and
settings that you can set for each user include the following:
• This Document Expires On Sets an expiration date for the document, after which
the document will be unavailable to selected users.
• Print Content Grants printing capabilities to users with Read or Change access
• Allow Users With Read Access To Copy Content Enables users with Read access
to copy the entire or partial document.
• Access Content Programmatically Enables users to use certain Word program
features in the document, such as Smart Tags.
• Users Can Request Additional Permissions From Specifies an address that users
can send requests to change their permission status.
• Require A Connection To Verify A User’s Permission Requires that users connect
to the Internet to verify their credentials each time they access the document.
• Set Defaults Sets the current settings as the default for documents with restricted