Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Factors Affecting the Performance of Visio Services
Many factors are involved in the performance of Visio Services. One of the key factors is often the infrastructure itself.
If the following items don’t help you achieve optimum performance, keep in mind that the weakest link might well
be your infrastructure:
• Complexity of the drawing: This involves the number of shapes, data sources, pages used,
and so forth.
• Number of users accessing the drawing: The number of end users accessing a drawing
simultaneously, especially during peak load hours, affect performance.
• Size of the drawing: The size of the drawing itself can be a factor; the more complex the
drawing, the greater the size, and this takes more time to render.
• Data source performance: External data sources connectivity, access, and performance all
• Data refresh settings: As we discussed earlier, when you have a smaller data-refresh interval,
you get more real-time access and less from the cache, which can hit performance badly.
■ For more information, read the techNet article “plan Visio services deployment in sharepoint server 2013”
In this chapter, we looked at the following (as summarized in Figure 2-86 ):
Why you should use Visio and what the Visio Services in SharePoint Server 2013 are.
The Visio client and its new features.
Implementing Secure Store Services and using it in conjunction with Visio, SQL Server,
Designing custom data providers with Visio Services.
Administering Visio Services.
Search JabSto ::