Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
The Visio Web Access web part header includes a number of options:
• Open in Visio: Opens the file in either Read-Only or Edit mode, assuming you have the Visio
client installed on your machine.
• Refresh: Refreshes the data on the current page of the diagram. You can have more than one
page in a diagram.
• Shape Info: Displays a Shape Information pane (movable on the diagram) that provides
Shape Data and any hyperlinks on the shape.
• Choose Page: Displays any page from the web drawing.
• Zoom in/out: Zooms the image from 10 to 200 percent.
• Zoom to fit page to view: Fits the diagram to the web part height and width.
■ You can move the image in any direction by clicking and holding the left mouse button. You can use the scroll
button on your mouse to zoom the diagram in or out.
Visio Web Access Web Part Connections
Visio Web Access web parts support two-way communications, providing rich interaction with other web parts on the
page. They can act as both consumer and provider. Web part connections can be directly configured in the browser.
■ after configuring the connections, if you use the view source option of the browser to view the page, you’ll notice
There are many scenarios in which these connections can be helpful. You have already seen how to use a VWA
web part that can load a .vwd file and connect to a SharePoint list. Let’s use the same SharePoint list and try to filter
the information and reveal the shape that results from the filter criteria:
Create a new site page ( Airport Stats.aspx in this case), and add the VWA web part.
Configure it to load the airport_with_data.vsdx drawing file or the Airport.vsdx file if you
haven’t saved the file with a different name. Also, add the list app part (Airport Flight Stats)
as shown in Figure 2-38 .
Search JabSto ::