Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Apply Your Knowledge
Apply Your Knowledge continued
3. In the range B14:B16, determine the lowest value, highest value, and average value, respectively,
for the values in the range B4:B12. Use the ﬁ ll handle to copy the three functions to the range
C14:G16. Delete the average from cell G16, because an average of percentages of this type is
4. Format the worksheet as follows:
a. change the workbook theme to Concourse by using the Themes button on the Page Layout tab
on the Ribbon
b. cell A1 — change to font size 24 with a green (column 6 of standard colors) background and
white font color by using the buttons in the Font group on the Home tab on the Ribbon
c. cell A2 — change to a green (column 6 of standard colors) background and white font color
d. cells B4:C4, E4:F4, and E13:F13 — Accounting style format with two decimal places and ﬁ xed
dollar signs (use the Accounting Style button on the Home tab on the Ribbon)
e. cells B5:C12 and E5:F12 — Comma style format with two decimal places (use the Comma Style
button on the Home tab on the Ribbon)
f. cells D4:D16 — Comma style format with no decimal places
g. cells G4:G15 — Percent style format with three decimal places
h. cells B14:C16 and E14:F16 — Currency style format with ﬂ oating dollar signs (use the Format
Cells: Number Dialog Box Launcher on the Home tab on the Ribbon)
5. Switch to Page Layout View and enter your name, course, laboratory assignment number
(Apply 2-1), date, and any other information requested by your instructor in the Header area.
Preview and print the worksheet in landscape orientation. Change the document properties, as
speciﬁ ed by your instructor. Save the workbook using the ﬁ le name, Apply 2-1 Car-B-Clean Proﬁ t
Analysis Complete in the format speciﬁ ed by your instructor.
6. Use Range Finder to verify the formula in cell F4.
7. Print the range A3:E16. Press CTRL + ACCENT MARK ( `) to change the display from the values
version of the worksheet to the formulas version. Print the formulas version in landscape
orientation on one page (Figure 2–85) by using the Fit to option in the Page sheet in the Page
Setup dialog box. Press CTRL + ACCENT MARK ( `) to change the display of the worksheet back to
the values version. Do not save the workbook. If requested, submit the three printouts to your
Instructions Part 2:
1. Do not save the workbook in this part. In column C, use the keyboard to add manually $1.00 to
the proﬁ t of each product with a unit proﬁ t less than $7.00 and $3.00 to the proﬁ ts of all other
products. You should end up with $2,765,603.80 in cell F13.
2. Print the worksheet. Do not save the workbook. If requested, submit the revised workbook in the
format speciﬁ ed by your instructor.