Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To Add a Conditional Formatting Rule with an Icon Set
• Click Icon Sets in the list to display
the Icon area in the Edit the Rule
• Click the Icon Style box arrow
to display the Icon Style list and
then scroll and point to 5 Arrows
(Colored) in the list (Figure 5–26).
• Click a variety of icon styles in the
Icon Styles list to view the options
in the Edit the Rule Description
area for each option.
Icon Sets format
• Click 5 Arrows (Colored) in the list.
• Click the top Type box arrow and
then click Number in the list.
• Change the Type to Number for
the remaining Type boxes.
• Type 0.92 in the ﬁ rst Value box,
0.8 in the second Value box, and
0.7 in the third Value box.
• Type 0.6 in the ﬁ nal Value box
and then press the TAB key to
complete the conditions
Why do the numbers next to each
icon change as I type?
The area below the word Icon
represents the current condi-
tional formatting rule. Excel
automatically updates this area
as you change the conditions on
the right side of the Edit the Rule
Description area. Use this area as
an easy-to-read status of the
conditions that you are creating.
values typed as
in Icon area