Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
4. Select the Total Row option on the Design tab on the Ribbon to determine the maximum age,
the pledge amount, and the record count in the Grade column in row 18.
5. Enter the total row headings in the range A20:A23. Use the SUMIF and COUNTIF functions
to determine the totals in the range C20:C23.
6. Change the document properties as speciﬁ ed by your instructor. Change the worksheet header
with your name, course number, and other information requested by your instructor.
7. Save the workbook using the ﬁ le name, Lab 5-3 Do-Gooders’ Student Club Table. Print the
worksheet in landscape orientation. At the bottom of the printout, explain why the dollar signs ($)
are necessary in the VLOOKUP function in Step 3. Submit the assignment as requested by your
Instructions Part 2: Open the workbook Lab 5-3 Do-Gooders’ Student Club Table. Do not save the
workbook in this part. Sort the table as follows. Print the table after each sort. After completing the
third sort, close the workbook without saving the changes.
1. Sort the table in ascending sequence by the Pledge Amount.
2. Sort the table by GPA within Gender. Use descending sequence for both ﬁ elds.
3. Sort the table by Age within Gender. Use ascending sequence for both ﬁ elds.
Instructions Part 3: Open the workbook Lab 5-3 Do-Gooders’ Student Club Table and then save the
ﬁ le using the ﬁ le name, Lab 5-3 Do Gooders’ Student Club Table Final. Use the concepts and tech-
niques presented in this chapter to set up a Criteria area above the table, set up an Extract area below
the Grade table, and complete the following extractions. Extract the records that meet the
following three criteria sets and print the worksheet for each:
1. Gender =F; GPA > 3.50 (Three records pass the test.)
2. Age > 23 (Four records pass the test.)
3. Gender = M; Age < 21 (Two records pass the test.)
Extract the records that meet the following criteria: 21 < Age < 25. It is necessary that you add a
second ﬁ eld called Age to the immediate right of the Criteria range, delete the name Criteria, and then
deﬁ ne the Criteria range to include the new ﬁ eld. Four records pass the ﬁ nal test. Select a cell outside
the table and print the workbook in landscape orientation. Save the workbook with the last criteria
range. Submit the assignment as requested by your instructor.