Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
In the Lab
Lab 2: Inserting a Balance Chart and Image on a Worksheet
Problem: Your company is considering moving to a new location. You have been asked to create a
high-level overview of the pros and cons regarding the move to the location.
Instructions: Start Excel and open the Lab GF-2 Pendel Support Services workbook from the Data
Files for Students and then save it as Lab GF-2 Pendel Support Services Complete. Perform the
1. Insert a SmartArt graphic using the Relationship type and select the Balance layout type (column 1,
row 1) in the layout area in the Choose a SmartArt Graphic dialog box.
2. Move and resize the chart so that the upper-left corner of the chart is aligned with the upper-left
corner of cell A4 and the lower-right corner of the chart is aligned with the middle of the corner of
3. Use the Text pane to enter text for the balance chart. Enter the values shown in Table 1, making
certain that the pros column shows on the left of the chart. Be sure to delete the unused shape on
the right side of the balance chart by right-clicking the shape and then clicking Cut on the shortcut
menu. The upper-left shape in the chart should read
Pros, and the upper-right shape in the chart should
read Cons. Note that the direction of the tilt of the
balance chart changes when more pros than cons are
entered in the chart.
4. Change the color scheme of the hierarchy chart to
Colored Fill – Accent 1 (column 2, row 3) in the
Change Colors gallery.
5. Apply the Inset SmartArt style to the balance chart
(column 2, row 2) on the SmartArt Styles gallery.
6. Insert the Pendel Support Services Ofﬁ ces.jpg image ﬁ le from the Data Files for Students on the
7. Move and resize the image so that the upper-left corner of the image is aligned with the upper-left
corner of cell H4 and the lower-right corner of the image is aligned with the lower-right corner of
8. Select the image. Click the Format tab on the Ribbon. Click the Picture Effects button on the
Ribbon, point to Shadow in the Picture Effects gallery, and then select Perspective Diagonal
Upper Left (column 1, row 8) in the Shadow gallery.
9. Click the Picture Effects button on the Ribbon, point to Bevel in the Picture Effects gallery, and
then select Divot (column 1, row 4) in the Bevel gallery.
10. Change the document properties as speciﬁ ed by your instructor. Change the worksheet header
with your name, course number, and other information requested by your instructor. Save the
workbook. Submit the assignment as requested by your instructor.
Table 1 Pros and Cons
Closer to Customers