Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
Instructions: Perform the following tasks.
1. Start Excel. Enter the worksheet title, Kona’s Expresso Coffee, in cell A1 and the worksheet
subtitle, Annual Cost of Goods, in cell A2. Beginning in row 3, enter the store locations, costs of
goods, and supplies categories shown in Table 1–7.
Table 1–7 Kona’s Expresso Coffee Annual Cost of Goods
2. Use the SUM function to determine the totals for each store location, type of supply, and company
3. Use Cell Styles in the Styles group on the Home tab on the Ribbon to format the worksheet title
with the Title cell style. Center the title across columns A through G. Do not be concerned if the
edges of the worksheet title are not displayed.
4. Use buttons in the Font group on the Home tab on the Ribbon to format the worksheet subtitle to
14-point Calibri dark blue, bold font, and center it across columns A through G.
5. Use Cell Styles in the Styles group on the Home tab on the Ribbon to format the range A3:G3
with the Heading 2 cell style, the range A4:G7 with the 20% - Accent1 cell style, and the range
A8:G8 with the Total cell style. Use the buttons in the Number group on the Home tab on the
Ribbon to apply the Accounting Number format to the range B4:G4 and the range B8:G8. Use
the buttons in the Number group on the Home tab on the Ribbon to apply the Comma Style to
the range B5:G7. Adjust any column widths to the widest text entry in each column.
6. Select the range A3:F7 and then insert a 3-D Clustered Column chart. Apply the Style 8 chart
style to the chart. Move and resize the chart so that it appears in the range A10:G22. If the labels
along the horizontal axis (x-axis) do not appear as shown in Figure 1-102, then drag the right side
of the chart so that it is displayed in the range A10:H22.
7. Update the document properties with your name, course number, and name for the workbook.
8. Save the workbook using the ﬁ le name Lab 1-1 Konas Expresso Coffee Annual Cost of Goods.
9. Print the worksheet.
10. Make the following two corrections to the sales amounts: $9,648.12 for Seattle Condiments
(cell E6), $12,844.79 for Chicago Pastries (cell C7). After you enter the corrections, the company
totals in cell G8 should equal $462,135.04.
11. Print the revised worksheet. Close the workbook without saving the changes. Submit the
assignment as requested by your instructor.
In the Lab
Lab 2: Annual Sales Analysis Worksheet
Problem: As the chief accountant for Scissors Ofﬁ ce Supply, Inc., you have been asked by the sales
manager to create a worksheet to analyze the annual sales for the company by location and customer
type category (Figure 1–103). The ofﬁ ce locations and corresponding sales by customer type for the
year are shown in Table 1–8.