Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
STEP 2: FORMAT THE CHART
Figure 2-29: The chart, after some formatting
3. Select the Font tab and uncheck the Auto scale option. Set the font to
9-point Arial, Bold.
4. Click OK.
5. Double-click the vertical category axis to display the Format Axis
6. Select the Patterns tab and set the Major tick mark type to None.
7. Click the Scale tab and add a checkmark to these two check boxes:
Categories in Reverse Order and Value (Y) Axis Crosses at Maximum
Category. These modifications cause Strongly Agree to appear at the top
of the category list and Strongly Disagree to appear at the bottom of the
8. Click the Font tab and uncheck the Auto scale option. Set the font to
10-point Arial, Bold.
9. Close the dialog box.
Next, you can work on the bars and data labels.
1. Double-click any bar to display the Format Data Series dialog box.
2. In the Patterns tab, click the Fill Effects button. In the Fill Effects dialog
box, choose the Gradient tab. Select a two-color gradient going from red
to black, with a Horizontal shading style. Click OK to return to the Format
Data Series dialog box.
3. Click the Options tab and change the Gap width to 30. This creates wider
4. Close the Format Data Series dialog box.